Hotel Rio Payments
Next payment: 30 Nov & 28 February
Thanks for your support! Please keep it coming!!
The Sandra Jones Centre is a home for orphans and abandoned babies and children in crisis. We have been operating for over 10 years and over 900 children have passed through our care. We currently have over 70 children in our care and the numbers are increasing almost daily.
Statistics show that in Zimbabwe, thousands of children will spend the night in fear of abuse, sexual molestation by family members or relatives, while others will be selling their bodies in forced prostitution. One in every three girls in Zimbabwe will be sexually abused before they reach the age of 18.
Our mission statement is: “To restore babies, children and youth of Bulawayo to a state of physical, emotional and spiritual well being, sufficient for them to proceed/return to a normal, well adjusted lifestyle, preferably within the framework of their family and/or social structure.”
Our aims and objectives are:
- To provide a home, love, hope and care to abandoned/unwanted children until they can secure a new home through adoption or they reach adulthood
- To facilitate the adoption of these children into loving, committed families
- To provide a refuge for girls-in-crisis or those pregnant as a result of rape and/or incest
- To equip these children and girls with a wide range of skills to enable them to do well upon graduating from the home into a formal environment
- To develop social skills and self esteem in both the children and the girls so that they mature into socially responsible, spiritually balanced, active and confident young adults that are able to positively contribute to society
- To raise funds for the provision of adequate facilities for the Centre; ensuring health, welfare and training of the children and the girls
- To ensure that all care-giving staff, centre management and volunteers receive and maintain the highest levels of appropriate training for their appointed position and key responsibility areas.