What are you investing in?
Sandra Jones Centre devotes every donation given directly into the lives and care of the children within our care. Funds and other resources designated for the purpose of aid and development will be used only for these purposes and will NOT be used to promote a particular religious adherence, to support a political party, or to promote a candidate or organisation affiliated to a particular party.
If funds are to be used for non-development activities, this will be clearly communicated to all who invest in the Centre and an option will be provided for non-tax deductible giving to these activities. Tax-deductible donations will not be used for non-development activities.
We, as an organisation, define Aid and Development work as:
Activities undertaken in order to contribute towards ending child abuse and exploitation within Zimbabwe.
For Sandra Jones Centre, this includes:
- Provide a survivor care centre for abused children so as to give them a sense of peace, freedom, dignity and self-esteem.
- Equipping children to recognize child abuse, in order to protect them from exploitation.
- Educating teachers and parents on the realities of child abuse, and the need to teach and protect their children.
- Networking with various agencies to advocate for victims and work to eradicate child abuse.
We aim to achieve these through:
- Establishing a Babies Home, Children’s Centre and Girls Crisis Centre.
- Providing a family identification service.
- Offer a Kidz Kan sexual abuse prevention training programme in schools and other children’s homes.
- Giving specialist training sessions on prevention of Sexual Abuse, Avoidance of Sexual Harassment and other guidance to children-in-crisis.
- Providing Education and Vocational training to each child in our care e.g hairdressing, dressmaking, agriculture.
For further information, please contact use here.